GLG410--Computers in Earth and Space Exploration
Assignment 1: Introductory Poll
We want to get some information about you and your expectations and ideas for our class. Please email your answers to these questions to Ramón and Adam by Tuesday, August 25, 2015 before midnight.
- What is your major and class level?
- What is your class work and research so far in Earth and Space Exploration (or geology or astronomy; what are the major classes you have taken, etc.)?
- What are your interests in Earth and Space Exploration?
- What are your plans after you complete your degree?
Your computer experience
- What is the operating system that you know best (Windows, Macintosh, Linux/Unix)?
- Do you have a computer? If so, how old is it? What kind is it? What are the main pieces of software?
- Which of these pieces of software have you used and what is your level of aptitude with each (beginner, intermediate, expert):
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- HTML editing software (any kind)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Linux/UNIX operating System
- Other programs?
- What are the main pieces of software that you have used for your classes or research or work?
- Do you know about and use ASU MyApps?
- Do you read blogs? Have you used any collaborative internet software for classes or research (Blackboard, other listservs, Wikis, etc.)? What is effective in your opinion?
- Are you active using social networking tools such as Facebook or twitter or instagram, etc.?
Your ideas and expectations
- What do you expect to get out of this class?
- What are the main topics you would like to see covered or emphasized?
GLG410 Computers in Earth and Space Exploration
Last modified: August 24, 2015