GLG410/598--Computers in Earth and Space Exploration
We expect that you will turn in all of your assignments as web pages or links from web pages. We also expect that you will set up your own web site to learn HTML and get yourself out there in cyberspace.
For this exercise, you will set up a personal web site following these instructions (you must not use a html editor, but code it manually):
Setting up an ASU web site. Your site should contain:
- Introduction to you
- A picture or graphic (does not have to be of you, can be about your work or a logo or whatever)
- A subdirectory for our class that includes a page of links to your assignments (it will modified as the weeks go by, so the only entry here will be to this first assignment
- The top level directory for your web site is www. This is not where the Secure FTP or My Files takes you initially, but one level higher. So make sure you go into that directory first, and then build your website from there.
- If you are using a Mac with TextEdit, make sure to select Preferences (under File Menu)-->and set the Format as Plain Text. Check this link. Otherwise it will try to make it so you can see your html, rather than as the interpreted version (your web page). Make sure also to save with extension .html
- Directory structure setup (main page plus assignments directory; includes html cleanliness; including comments)--20 points
- Content of introduction (how informative)----10 points
- Graphic--10 points
- Overall layout and useability (site design)--10 points
Assignment is due Wednesday, September 2, 2015 before class.
GLG410/598 Computers in Earth and Space Exploration
Last modified: September 1, 2015